Tuesday, January 31, 2012

RIVER PHOENIX - PARADISE LOST

PARADISE LOST
A RIVER RUNS THROUGH IT
Photograhy: Marco Franchina

'"When Norman MacLean retired from teaching, he wrote an amazing novella titled A River Runs Through It.  In fact, it is labeled a Phoenix Book and is published by the University of Chicago Press. The book is a blend of sporting manual and fraternal love story.  At one point, the narrator describes his brother and his ability to fly fish.  "He had those extra things besides fine training -  genius, luck and plenty of self-confidence.  I often thought of him as a boy, but I never could treat him that way. He was a master of an art.'"

Kevin Sessums
The Rise of the Phoenix Family
Andy Warhol's Interview March 1987

THE PHONIX FAMILY 1987
TOP CENTER - HEIR APPARENT JOAQUIN (LEAF) PHOENIX

'" I know your wondering if I'll always be a part of this family or someday separate from them.  I've been very lucky that we've been free to be individuals.  When I'm on a movie set, I see a lot of people who don't have anybody in their lives.  Oh, they have superficial friends, but that doesn't count.  So every night they have to go back to their hotel rooms alone.  I never want that.'"

River Phoenix
The Rise of the Phoenix Family
Kevin Sessums interview
March 1987

FROM THE ARCHIVE
For related devodotcom posts on River Phoenix
River Phoenix - Go With The Flow 2/18/11




RIVER JUDE BOTTOM PHOENIX
1970-1993
ONCE A GREAT BEAUTY



No comments: